Friday, August 17, 2012

Meeting tomorrow & Friday Flickr Favorites

Goodies for Saturday's DC Modern Quilt Guild Meeting


Did you remember that tomorrow (Saturday, August 18) is our Sewing Saturday at Capital Quilts? We have door prizes, donated by Robert Kaufman and Moda Fabrics for 100 Quilts for Kids... win a jelly roll (one made by Katie as part of the 100 Quilts for Kids Quilt Along) and use it to make a charity quilt! Woo hoo! Who doesn't love new fabric?

Please leave a comment if you plan to attend. 

Information for next 2 meetings:
AUGUST 
When: Saturday, August 18, 1:30-4:30 pm
Where: Capital Quilts, 15936 Luanne Drive, Gaithersburg, MD
What: Sewing Day

SEPTEMBER
When: Saturday, September 15 (Saturday)

Where: Westover Library, Arlington, 10-4 
What: 100 Quilts for Kids Charity Sewing Day


cover2

And our Friday Flickr Favorite is by Lexi.
 Isn't this a fun sewing machine cover in Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille? 

12 comments:

  1. I'm planning to come this Saturday! What tools should I bring vs. what's provided at the shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be coming to my first meeting tomorrow!! I am really excited to meet other quilters in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to come too. I'm wondering, like Aubrie, what to bring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also coming for the first time. Looking forward to meeting everyone! And handing in my quilts for 100 Quilts for Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking foward to seeing everyone! Bring your machine, a project, and I'd recommend someone bringing a cutting mat/ruler/rotary cutter. Or more than 1 person. Only 1 in classroom. Can use their iron, bring one if you will be ironing tons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! That's my machine under that cover I made :)

    I will be there, though maybe a little late, but hopefully on time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be there and may bring a friend.
    Linda F.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm coming! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Late to RSVP, but I'm coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so nice to meet everyone. Not one person made me feel out of place. Thank you so much! Can't wait to visit and sew again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! So glad you made the drive. look forward to seeing you again!

      Delete