How's this for a beautiful finish?
This quilt is by Susan, whom I do not think I have had the pleasure of meeting. I sure hope you (and this quilt!) can make it to a meeting soon!
I love how the pale grey sets off all the saturated colors and just makes them glow. And I bet it's so soft and drapey with all those voiles and a vintage sheet for the back. I want it! Thanks for adding the photo to our flickr pool, so we can all drool over it together!
Please comment and tell us a bit more about the quilt, Susan! What did you use for the sashing? And who is the lucky one who gets to cuddle with this?
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Upcoming Meetings and Events with the DCMQG
- July Field Trip on July 25th to Finch Sewing Studio. Shop is open from 10a-5p. Bring some sewing.
- Retreat 1: August 14th-16th at the Blue Mountain Retreat Center near Harper's Ferry
- August meeting--August 29th from 10a-4p at Patches Quilt Shop in Mount Airy
- September 10th Lecture event with Lizzy House, 7:30 pm at Falls Church Episcopal
- September CHARITY SEWING DAY--September 26th from 10-5 at Falls Church Episcopal--OPEN to the PUBLIC
- October meeting--October 17th from noon to 6pm at Falls Church Episcopal--Clothing sewing with Cindy and Pam
- Retreat 2: Nov 20th-22nd at the Blue Mountain Retreat Center near Harper's Ferry