How's this for a beautiful finish?
This quilt is by Susan, whom I do not think I have had the pleasure of meeting. I sure hope you (and this quilt!) can make it to a meeting soon!
I love how the pale grey sets off all the saturated colors and just makes them glow. And I bet it's so soft and drapey with all those voiles and a vintage sheet for the back. I want it! Thanks for adding the photo to our flickr pool, so we can all drool over it together!
Please comment and tell us a bit more about the quilt, Susan! What did you use for the sashing? And who is the lucky one who gets to cuddle with this?
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- April Meeting--Apr 19 from 12:00-4:30 at Quilter's Studio in Fairfax--open sew
- May meeting--May 2nd from 11:00-5:00 at Capital Quilts
- May 30th--Outdoor Hand Sewing Day at the United States Botanic Gardens
- June 7th--Denyse Schmidt workshop from 11am to 4pm on the NVCC Alexandria campus
- June 7th--Denyse Schmidt lecture from 5:30pm to 7pm on the NVCC Alexandria campus, open to the public
- Retreat 1: August 14th-16th at the Blue Mountain Retreat Center near Harper's Ferry
- Retreat 2: Nov 20th-22nd at the Blue Mountain Retreat Center near Harper's Ferry