Also, Frederick and Linda helped us orchestrate a photo shoot for quilts being entered into the quilt show, as well as other large quilts that might be difficult to maneuver under normal conditions. Here are some of the shots.
|Frederick's quilt - this is the one that "got us the show"!|
|NeedleChasers' Raffle Quilt|
Here were some of the announcements we made at the meeting in case you didn't get all the dates:
- Entries for the quilt show are due this Friday, January 24th! I know some of you were asking for advice pricing your quilts, so I set up a discussion on the MQG site where people can share thoughts.
- The opening reception for the quilt show will be Saturday, February 15th, 4-7 at the Anacostia Arts Center (we need volunteers to make baked goods to share at the reception)
- Riley Blake challenge deadline - February 17th. Add photos on the MQG site.
- National Museum of Women in the Arts on Sunday, February 23rd from 12-2:30 or 2:30-5. Some members will be sitting in the exhibit demonstrating handwork techniques (paper piecing, hand quilting, etc). Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to help out.
- Speaker event and pop-up shop: Saturday, March 8th. Speakers 1-3: Katie Blakesley will do a trunk show from her book, Vintage Quilt Revival, and Laura Gunn will speak on color. Tickets are $7 members/$12 advance/$15 door. From 3-5, Finch Sewing Studio and Del Ray Fabrics will have pop up shops (no charge for this).
- Sewing day at Anacostia Arts Center on March 22nd.