Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Meeting Reminder

Hi all! This is just a reminder that our May meeting is coming up on Saturday, the 10th, from 1:30-4:30 at Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg. We meet in their classroom space, which is to the left when you enter the store.

This month, our meeting will feature a tutorial from Anjeanette on achieving "perfect points," and of course will include plenty of shopping time after.

We are limited in the number of spaces we have to set up sewing machines at Capital Quilts, so if you intend to sew after the tutorial, please email me (dcmqgtreasurer@gmail.com) to reserve one of the slots. The slots are for members only, and we will give priority to those who reserve spots ahead of time, though we welcome any guests and anyone else to bring handwork, cutting, etc.

Capital Quilts does have some cutting and pressing stations, though it might be helpful to have a few extra rulers/rotary cutters/mats, so please sign up in the comments below if you can bring those or snacks!

We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. I'm not 100% sure if I can come or not yet, but if I do I'll just bring some knitting or cross stitch. I'm still working on cutting the quilt I was working on last meeting and don't feel like schleping all my supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there and will be bringing hand sewing to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to be there! Can't wait to see you ladies again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there! But with handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there and I just sent an email for a machine spot. I've also invited two new people to the meeting. I hope at least one will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will come with handwork. I have the two design walls that DCMQG has from the midmod retreat. Should I bring them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm coming, and I'm one of the noobs that quirky granola girl invited! :-) Was just discussing with my husband last night how we were going to work it with my son's soccer game. Looks like I'll have a little baby with me too.

    ReplyDelete