Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Meeting on Saturday and Garment Sewing

Hi All!  Melinda here.
This Saturday's meeting is from noon to 6pm.  The garment sewing program with Cindy and Pam will start at 1:00 and the business meeting and show and tell will start at 3:30pm.  Please bring any finished charity quilts to the meeting for me to collect them.  I will also have the stamping supplies available to either make a label that you can sew on, or we can stamp directly on the back of your quilt to save some hand sewing time. 
.....

I hope some of our members are as excited for Saturday as I am.  I am out of my element when it comes to sewing garments, yet I keep collecting yardage with big ideas to wear my favorite prints and textures. 

I ironed 40 yards of fabric yesterday and I'm not done. I am, however, psyched to get started on more garments this spring.

In June I was lucky enough to have Cindy gave me some pointers for a bias tape hem on a tank.  That is my very favorite finish that I have ever made and that hem looks so good!

Cindy tells me that she and Pam will give a demo of seam finishes, sewing and pressing techniques for garments.  They will also talk about how to make a muslin and how to make basic adjustments to your pattern.   Cindy will provide sample pieces to practice seam finishes.   Members can bring their machines and some muslin and a pattern they have questions about.  You may also want to bring a notepad and pen.  They will try to help everyone individually but it depends on the how many people need help.  Bringing a pattern and muslin is optional.  

I hope to see you all on Saturday!

1 comment: