May 18th Meeting at Capital Quilts

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to remind you of our meeting this Saturday, May 18th, from 1:30 - 4:30 at Capital Quilts at 15926 Luanne Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20877.  Because of the size of the room and the shorter meeting time, if you are able to bring hand-work or a project to cut out, we may be better able to accommodate everyone (although if you really want to bring your machine, please feel free...I know we have quite a few people who will be at Quilt Market in Portland and missing the meeting).

Our agenda for the meeting will include the charm swap that Lynne announced at our last meeting - bring 1 (or more) sets of 10 charm squares (any 5" square is fine) rolled up and tied with a ribbon (or something), and we'll put them in a bag and then allow people to select the number of charm square rolls that they put in to the bag.  I'm sure that there will be fun opportunities to trade after the drawing if folks want to, as well, knowing our group.  We'll do a longer version of show-and-tell, have some time to help each other with shopping, have more door prizes, and hopefully hear a bit about the museum meet-up on Friday and the informal challenge that is being discussed over on Flickr.  If anyone would like to do a demo of a technique (or would like to request a demo), please leave a note in the comments section asap.  With all of our socializing, I'm sure that the 3 hours will speed by, as time with the guild usually does!

I meant to call awhile back about the idea of spending a certain amount of money in the shop as a group to reduce/eliminate the fee for the space, but it slipped my mind until today, and the owner of Capital Quilts is already in Portland at Quilt Market, so I doubt I'll hear back from her in time.  I'm sorry!  Since we haven't taken up dues yet to pay for things like space, and as of now we'll owe $50 for the room rental, if everyone could bring $5, we'll just split the fee by everyone who attends (if we have more than 10 people, it will be less than $5/person).  I'm not sure how else to do it for this time, so I hope that is ok with folks.  Also, please RSVP in the comments section, so we know how many folks are coming.  I think they already have ironing and cutting stations set up there, but I'll bring my cutting mat, rotary, and rulers, just in case.

I think that's everything!  I'm really excited to see everyone!

Happy Thursday,
Elle
 .