How to wrap a bee....

It has been 6 months plus, and so the first DCMQG bee is a wrap.  There were 6 of us, one for each month. Here is how it went...
May was my month and I asked for purple or aqua wonky stars with low volume background.  Although they have not been sewn together, they have been up on my design wall for a while and I have been admiring them, playing with layout and asking myself if I want to add in low volume blocks for negative space.  Still thinking...

June was Anna G's month and she asked for modern birch blocks.  She was right on it and not only made the top, but also quilted it.  I just know that the recipient must have been thrilled with it...how could they not be?  This picture is from her blog Life Sew Crafty where you will find more info about this quilt.


Dutchman's puzzle, green and gold or purple and gold was Becky's choice for July.  Here she is with one of the blocks.

Alyson didn't want blocks for August, but rather 72 inch strips in specific colorways for a quilt that she was making for a friend.  Here are my long strips.
The eventual quilt is supposed to look similar to this quilt made for one of our members.  Thank you Carissa for this photo.

September brought Angela's request for Pieces of My Heart blocks.  I managed to give her the block at the meeting and give it to her in person.  Each of us were to make the block with a grey background and a different color heart, and mine was red.


Brandi finished out the group in October with Exploding Star blocks.  Here are some of these blocks. The next step for Brandi was to do embroidery in the center of each block.
 
  
All blocks have been sent and received! Thank you members, it was a great bee.  That is a wrap for the 2015 bee and on to 2016!  Are you interested in participating in the guild bee?  This gives you a bit of an idea of the variety of things done.  Never been in a bee before?  That is OK.  Depending on the structure you make one or two blocks a month for 4 to 6 months...you can do that!  Let me know if you are interested in the next round as we are hoping to get them organized and started soon.