Monday, October 15, 2012

DC Modern 100 Quilts for Kids Linkup

100 Quilts for Kids at the Water Park
[click on the pictures for more information]

Hi everyone! I thought it would be fun if we did a linky party for any charity quilts DC Modern members have made and donated in 2012. I have some fun swag from the Sewing Summit and a few other things up my sleeve as impromptu prizes. So, if you have made (and donated) a quilt this year, or if you have a quilt ready to donate as part of the guild's donation, take a picture and upload it to flickr or write a blog post (or link to a previous post).

Linky party will end Thursday night (October 18). If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments and we will answer them here.


ROAR Quilt II

Zig Zag ROAR 007

Oh Deer! Cross Quilt

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Sewing Summit loot.

    Will anyone be at the sewing day this Saturday to take quilts for the guild donation to the Capitol Hill center? I saved one for our joint donation, but can donate on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to make it as my son got sick and my husband threw out his back, both saturday morning before 9 am. :(

      Delete
  2. I had hoped to go to the meeting last Saturday but at the last minute could not make it, so my quilt is still visiting with me. Somehow I am not finding the name of where most of the quilts are going. If someone can help me out with the name, I will drop it by or pop it in the mail. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexi is in charge of donating the quilts. They are going to the Capitol Hill Pregnancy Center. http://www.capitolhillpregnancycenter.org/. It was kind of crazy-she was unable to go to the hand sewing meeting at the last minute, and I was unable to go to yesterday's at the last minute. At this point, we can do one of 2 things. Donate them on your own, mail them to Lexi, or we can donate in November and people can bring them to the Jay McCarroll lecture. thanks!

      Delete
    2. Another option - I'm mailing a pretty big box of quilts to My Very Own Blanket that gives them to children in foster care that don't have any possessions of their own. If you want to join my box, I'm happy to send it for you. You could bring it in November or we can plan to meet up at some point, if you'd like yours to go to an older child - and it is so cute that I think an older boy would be thrilled with the whole package (versus a baby). :)

      Delete