This Saturday, March 22nd, is our last event at the Anacostia Arts Center (and it's the last full weekend to enjoy our quilt exhibit hanging in the gallery.) From 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., we're hosting an open sewing day with work tables set up throughout the gallery. What an inspiring place to work!
The Center would like to know how many tables to plan for, so please RSVP here if you plan on attending. This event is open to the public; you do not need to be a current member to attend!
Just a note- remember that there is street parking only on weekends, so take that into account when choosing your supplies for the day. There are plenty of outlets, but please remember your extension cords (and your sewing machine's cord!) if you are bringing a machine. If you have a tabletop ironing board and/or iron you could bring to share, or a rotary cutter, ruler, and mat, please comment below.
And don't forget there is a café right inside the building that you can visit for lunch, coffee, and snacks!
What: Open Sewing Day
When: Saturday, March 22nd, 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.,
Where: Anacostia Arts Center, 1231 Good Hope Rd, SE Washington, DC 20020
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Upcoming Meetings and Events with the DCMQG
- August meeting--August 29th from 10a-4p at Patches Quilt Shop in Mount Airy
- September 10th Lecture event with Lizzy House, 7:30 pm at Falls Church Episcopal
- September CHARITY SEWING DAY--September 26th from 10-5 at Falls Church Episcopal--OPEN to the PUBLIC
- October meeting--October 17th from noon to 6pm at Falls Church Episcopal--Clothing sewing with Cindy and Pam
- November meeting--Nov 7th--place and time to be determined
- Retreat 2: Nov 20th-22nd at the Blue Mountain Retreat Center near Harper's Ferry
- December Field Trip to the Textile Museum Dec. 5th 10am-1pm with gift swap at lunch