This Saturday, March 22nd, is our last event at the Anacostia Arts Center (and it's the last full weekend to enjoy our quilt exhibit hanging in the gallery.) From 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., we're hosting an open sewing day with work tables set up throughout the gallery. What an inspiring place to work!
The Center would like to know how many tables to plan for, so please RSVP here if you plan on attending. This event is open to the public; you do not need to be a current member to attend!
Just a note- remember that there is street parking only on weekends, so take that into account when choosing your supplies for the day. There are plenty of outlets, but please remember your extension cords (and your sewing machine's cord!) if you are bringing a machine. If you have a tabletop ironing board and/or iron you could bring to share, or a rotary cutter, ruler, and mat, please comment below.
And don't forget there is a café right inside the building that you can visit for lunch, coffee, and snacks!
What: Open Sewing Day
When: Saturday, March 22nd, 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.,
Where: Anacostia Arts Center, 1231 Good Hope Rd, SE Washington, DC 20020
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- April Meeting--Apr 19 from 12:00-4:30 at Quilter's Studio in Fairfax--open sew
- May meeting--May 2nd from 11:00-5:00 at Capital Quilts
- May 30th--Outdoor Hand Sewing Day at the United States Botanic Gardens
- June 7th--Denyse Schmidt workshop from 11am to 4pm on the NVCC Alexandria campus
- June 7th--Denyse Schmidt lecture from 5:30pm to 7pm on the NVCC Alexandria campus, open to the public
- Retreat 1: August 14th-16th at the Blue Mountain Retreat Center near Harper's Ferry
- Retreat 2: Nov 20th-22nd at the Blue Mountain Retreat Center near Harper's Ferry