March Meeting Show and Tell

The monthly meeting for march was at Chevy Chase Library in Maryland, in a large basement room perfect for sharing our quits with each other.  We had fun sewing together and learning about bias binding thanks to the tutorial by Anjeanette.  Here are the quilts shared at the meeting.



MQG Block of the Month
Sparrow (June 2018)


DCMQG 2019 QuiltCon Charity Quilt


Anjeanette  @ AnjeanetteKlinder
In Bloom Fabric by My Minds Eye for Riley Blake
Pattern: Triskeles Quilt by Anjeanette
Fun Fact: I now like metallics


Diana  @Dianaeowen
Kaff Fasssett shot cottons, Kona rainbow charm pack with solid white
King sized Log Cabin
Fun Fact: I quilted it at home, not that I recommend doing that!


Ashley @smartash_b
Made with AGF donated solids
Pattern is snowball-ish
Fun Fact: quilt is designed around excess binding from an earlier quilt


 Ashley @smartash_b
Fabric: Flight
Pattern: Stair Steps
Fun Fact: Also designed around excess binding


Ashley @smartash_b
Amy Butler Fabrics
Pattern is made up


Ashley @smartash_b
Pattern is Glam Clam by Latifah Safir


 Aubrie @furmanknitter
Fabric: A charm pack
Pattern: my creation
Fun Fact: hand quilted with rulers


Aubrie @furmanknitter
Fabric: from stash
Pattern: purchased at Webb
Fun Fact: Bought the pattern and border fabric at Webb while on retreat (and pregnant but no one knew yet!)


Angela @akickinthestsh
Kaffe & unknown brand of solid
Pattern is my own design
Fun Fact: I loved having a project to hand quilt over the winter.  This quilt has snuggled kids for story time and comforted them when they are sick.  It's how I love to see my quilts used.


Elle @Ellerby77
Fabrics: Alison Glass and lots from Melinda
Pattern: Hipster Llama, Quilt Art Designs
Made for Aubrie's baby


Elle @Ellerby77
Art Gallery Solids
Pattern: Preppy
Charity Quilt


Ann @alavigna
Made by Shelby


Ann @alavigna
Fabric scraps
Pattern: Sunny Skies by Missouri Star Quilt Company
Charity quilt top by many members


Carol 
Fabric: Moda/felt fabric
Charity quilt and felted crazy quilt
Fun Fact: First quilt!  Felted quilt made from all my leftover scraps from felted mittens


Frederick @woodcut55
Solids in improv
Fun Fact: Therapy while contemplating being homeless.  We survived and are not homeless but it felt like we might be for close to a year.


Laurie @laurie3.14
Liberty of London Tana Lawn
Pattern: Diamonds and squares quilt by Emma Jean Jansen
A quilt for my daughter's college graduation


Daria Eisen
Fabric: Zen Chic
Pattern: Alison Glass book, applique
Fun Fact: Made for an applique group quilt along


Anne @anneelizzy
Churn Dash charity quilt


Anne @annee
lizzy
Art Gallery Solids from donated supply
Pattern: Slapdash


Lisa @dcn8vquilter
202 Pillow Cover with vintage scraps from my collection
Pattern design inspired by @Bailiwick_clothing "202" t-shirt
Fun Fact: Our family owns 9 Bailiwick shirts, 3 hats & countless koozies.  We're addicted to Bailiwick!


Lisa @dcn8vquilter
Heart mug rug with vintage scraps from my collection
Pattern: Lillyella Stitchery #lovestorypattern collection by @lillyellasword
Fun Fact: 10" scaled down to 8.5" mug rug for my cousin, who has terminal breast cancer.


Lisa @dcn8vquilter
Baby Quilt using vintage scraps from my collection, Grunge Seeing Stars for border and backing, and Basic Grey from Moda Fabrics
Pattern: Midnight Stars by M'Liss Rae Hawley (Fat Quarter Quilts)
Fun Fact: This is the 2nd time in 9yrs I've made this quilt.  It's driven me crazy!  I might make it one more time.